½ cup of mayonnaise
½ cup cilantro roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves
3 tbsp lime juice
4 tbsp jalapeños pickled, chopped. Or 1 fresh jalapeno: cored and seeded
½ tsp Kosher salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
12 oz. slaw mix
1 ¼ lbs white fish fillets (mahi-mahi, grouper, etc)
4 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Kosher salt
2 tbsp lime juice
3 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
12 corn tortillas Check local whole foods store for gluten free tortilla options
½ cup fresh cilantro
½ cup thinly sliced radish
2 fresh jalapenos thinly sliced
- In a food processor or blender, add the mayo, avocado, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, jalapenos, salt and pepper and pulse until completely blended.
- Add the mayo-avocado mixture to the slaw and stir until fully coated. Set aside.
- Make the marinade by mixing together in a medium bowl the chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion and garlic powders, salt, pepper, lime juice, and olive oil.
- Add the mahi mahi and turn to coat. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat your grill to high heat.
- Place fish in a grill pan or cast iron skillet. Discard the left-over marinade.
- Grill the fish, carefully turning once, until opaque and just cooked through, about 8 minutes total.
- Heat the tortillas directly on the grill rack, or place in aluminum foil, and heat on the grill.
- Place the cooked fish in the warmed tortilla and top with slaw, fresh cilantro, radishes, sliced jalapenos, and hot sauce.